Saturday 1 June 2013

April & May Empties

Hello girlies,

 I'll apologise now because this is going to be quite a large post. When I was moving I realised that I had so many products that need using so now I'm on a mission to get as many used up rather than buying more as we don't really have places for everything at the moment. In April I did use up quite a lot of products but before we moved I had products I was using at home and then I had stuff at my boyfriend's as well and they were all running a bit low.

 During this post I will let you know whether I liked a particular product and if I didn't and also if I will be repurchasing them. As there are quite a lot of products I'm going to try and keep what I say about them to a minimum

 
 
 First up I used up my Natural Collection Wild Strawberry Body Lotion, I love the smell of this body lotion and it does make your skin feel really soft but the cream bits are a lot harder to rub in the the gel parts. There are other body lotions/butters that I do prefer so I would probably only buy this if I'd ran out of everything and was a bit straped for cash.
 I do purchase Radox Nourish Bath Soak in Shea Butter and Ginger quite regularly so I will more than likely be purchasing this again. Similarly to a lot of people out there, I love Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructor and I actually repurchased this before I even ran out of this one.
 Tigi Rockaholic Livin' the Dream Daily Conditioner is a product that I've never tried before and one day a local hairdressers by my parents were having a big sale on some products and reduced them all to £1 despite their retail price all being quite expensive so I snapped up a few products. I really liked this conditioner and it made my hair really soft so I think I will be buying this again but probably when I have a bit more money unless I see it on offer or something.
 
 
 Matrix Essentials Sleek Look Shampoo is another product I got in the £1 sale at the hairdressers and I remember it being quite good but if I'm honest I don't really remember. I do remember my hair being in quite good condition though so I may try this again.
I will probably be repurchasing Johnson's Daily Essentials Gentle Exfoliating Wash as this has been my go to face wash for quite a few years as it does exfoliate and always makes my skin feel really fresh. At the minute though I am trying different face washes just because I felt like a change.
For Christmas my mum always fills my stocking (which is big enough for me to fit in) with loads of beauty products and she got me a gift set that included Thai Spa Coconut & Rice Milk Deeply Relaxing Cream Bath and Thai Spa Lotus Flower & Orchid Heavenly Foam Bath, there was a body lotion as well but I've not used that yet. These two made so many bubbles in the bath and they smelt amazing! However, about 10 minutes into the bath the bubbles disappear completely which is a bit disappointing. If I saw them I would probably consider buying them.
The Avon Naturals Herbal Care & Repair Conditiong Balm didn't smell particularly nice and if anything if made my hair feel a bit weird so I don't think I'll be repurchasing this.
 
 
 I have used Dove Go Fresh Cucumber & Green Tea for quite some time and I probably will be repurchasing it but at the minute I prefer to use the Pomegranate & Lemon Verbena one because it smells amazing. However the Avon Ideal Flawless Invisible Coverage Foundation in Light Pink I don't think I will be repurchasing. When I first got it I did like it but in the last moth of wearing it part way through the day my forehead would go really shiny and look greasy which never happens with my Mac and Illamaqua foundations.
 
 

 
As there is quite a few procducts here I'm just going to say what I'll be repurchasing and what I won't.
Will repurchase: MUA Eyebrow Pencil in Brunette (I have actually already repurchased this), Vaseline with Aloe Vera, Avon Naturals Strawberry Moisturising Scrub (if they released it again - it smells like Nesquik strawberry milkshake), MAC Mascara X, Planey Spa Japanese Sake & Rice Luminous Face, Avon Super Extend Mascara, Aussie Miracle Hair Insurance Leave in Conditioner and MAC Studio Fix Powder in NC15.
 I won't be repurchasing Avon Care Repairing Lip Balm, Avon Naturals Strawberry & Guava Shakes Body Lotion, Avon Skin So Soft Silky Stay Shave Gel, Skinology Anti-Blackhead Scrub, MUA Concealer (has good coverage but quite hard to apply), Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser and Simple Replenishing Rich moisturiser. I used to use the Simple moisturisers quite a bit and I liked them but when I've been using them recently and I've found it really hard to apply my foundation and concealer on top of it.
 The product I'm not quite decided on is the MUA Primer, it is a little bit greasy and it doesn't last as long as others I've used such as the E.L.F Primer but if I desperately needed some I would rebuy it.
 
 
 These products are the ones I've used up in May and as you can see Ozzy decided to photobomb the picture and lie above all the products.
 I will be repurchasing Alberto Balsam Shampoo and Alberto Balsam Conditioner both in Sunkissed Raspberry as for a cheap product they're actually really good. As you may have guessed from my previous mention of deodrant, I will be repurchasing Dove Go Fresh in Pomegranate and Lemon Vernena. Other than these I think the only products I will be repurchasing are Avon Strawberry Sorbet Bubble Bath, Boots Naural Collection Wild Strawberry Body Spray (which I have actually already repurchased) and Paris Hilton Heiress - this perfume has actually been one of my favourites, it smells like sweets and I just love it. I'm gutted I've ran out but I will be buying more as soon as I can.
 As good as the Sweet Snuggles Hot Fudge Body Scrub smells, I wouldn't repurchase it as it doesn't make for a very good scrub. The Avon Naturals Body Lotion in Strawberry & Guava is quite moisturising but I don't think I'll repurchase it. The same goes for Avon Naturals Shower Gel in Black Cherry & Nutmeg. It smells good and it did its job but there's others I prefer.
 The Avon Care Rich Moisture Nourishing Face Cream was moisturising and made my skin quite soft but I think it was a bit too thick for me and my skin feels better since I've stopped using it so I don't think I'll be buying it again. I also don't think I'll be buying Avon Solutions Body Cellu Defy again as I don't really notice any difference but if i'm honest I've not looked and I do have other products similar to this to try. If anyone has tried this though I would like to know if you noticed any difference.
 
 As always thanks for reading and I'm sorry for the long post which I feel may be a bit boring. I'll try and make my next post more interesting for you guys.
 
Love
        Lou xx

1 comment:

  1. Hey !
    I like your posts and blog ! This is my first visit here but definitely not the last :) Check out my blog if you have a free minute :)Would you like to follow each other?Just let me know please,so that I can follow back.Keep on postingxx
    Wish you a nice week!
    VIEWRAMA

    my
    fashion blog


    Chicnova Giveaway on my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete