Monday 11 November 2013

Lush Haul

Well good afternoon everyone.

I do realise it has been a while since I've posted anything but life's been quite hectic as of late but now I'm giving myself a kick up the backside starting with my recent Lush hauls.

I've always been a fan of Lush products and when I was at university as there was a Lush in the town I regularly purchased things from there but since I moved back home its been a rarity that I've bought anything as my nearest store means travelling into Manchester. The lack of Lush in my life needs to change.

We are currently in the process of having our bathroom taken out and a whole new one put in so I've decided that I'm going to always have a stock of Lush products in the new bathroom ready for me to have a nice relaxing bath (along with making the bathroom smell amazing!) With this in mind a couple of weeks ago I took a trip to the Trafford Centre and purchased the below items from the Christmas range.

(left - right: Bombardino bath ballistic - £2.50, Snow Fairy shower gel 100g - £3.50 and Candy Mountain bubble bar - £2.65)

I'm pretty sure you have all heard of Snow Fairy and Candy Mountain before as they seem to be a favourite amongst many bloggers out there but I just couldn't resist them as they're probably some of my favourites from Lush as well. Bombardino is new to the Christmas collection however, I have seen quite a buzz about this little guy in the blogger world. As some of you may not be familiar with these products, I will tell you what the little blurb on the labels says and my opinion of the smells.

Bombardino - This bath ballistic smells a little like a lemon meringue with added cocoa butter for your skin. Launch him into your bath and watch him fizz away.
 
I'm not overly convinced this little guy smells like lemon meringue although it does smell sweet and does have a slight citrusy and probably a little bit like you could eat it (I realise I am rubbish at describing smells). Either way I really like the smell of this guy and will be purchasing another before the end of Christmas.

Snow Fairy - This product doesn't have a blurb on it however, the website says "Our winter temptress shower hair and body gel that’s bursting with fruit fragrance and has a sparkle of ice through it." Personally I wouldn't say this smells fruity, I think it smells a bit more like a sweet shop but it smells so yummy! Although I usually use this as a shower gel, it can also be used to wash your hair with which I have done in the past and it made my hair really soft.

Candy Mountain - This bubble bar shares its sugar sweet scent with Rock Star soap. Crumble under a hot running tap for mounds of pretty pink bubbles.  I can't quite figure out what this product smells like although it is very sweet and I do agree with the blurb that it smells like Rock Star. For those of you who are not familiar with Rock Star, the website describes this as being a sweet vanilla scent. It's definately sweet but I can't decide if I can smell vanilla. One of the things I like about this product is that you can use the whole thing in one go and create a mound of bubbles or due to the soft texture you can break a bit off and crumble it under the tap. If you do this you do get a few baths out of it.

Sticking to my idea I've had of either visiting the Lush store every few weeks or placing an ordering online, I went into Manchester over the weeekend and picked up another couple of products. This time I decided to go for a couple of items from their main range which is available all year round.


(left to right: The Comforter bubble bar  - £4.50 and Mmm Melting Marshmallow Moment bath melt - £3.95)

From what I've seen and heard, The Comforter is one of Lush's most popular bubble bars and although it is a little more on the pricey side it is definately worth it due to the size of it meaning you could probably get a few baths out of it. The blurb on the label doesn't actually describe the smell however, the website says "Berry yourself under a blanket of soft fruit foam" and I can get the hint of a typical berry scent but I also think this smells really sweet and a bit like those Swizzlers sweets you used to get as a kid, or maybe even Love Hearts. It smells so good!

Similarly to The Comforter, Mmm Melting Marshmallow Moment doesn't have a description of the scent on the blurb but the website says "If you love our sweet products like Snow Fairy Shower Gel and Godmother Soap, you’ll be pleased to know that this has the same fragrance." I completely agree with this statement as the smell does have that same sweet smell as Snow Fairy. I've not tried any of the bath  melts before but I've wanted to for a while and decided I'd give this a shot. It's also quite a decent size so you could probably cut a bit of and make it last. 

As you can probably tell, I seem to be drawn towards the products from Lush that smell really sweet and to be honest, I tend to go for this scent most in other products as well as fruity smells rather than floral ones. I can't wait to use these products and will probably be repurchasing some if not all of them.

That wraps up my Lush haul however, I would be interested in hearing what your favourite Lush products are or if there are any you would recommend me trying.

Thanks for reading guys.

Love
          Lou  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment