Thursday 9 May 2013

E.L.F Cosmetics Haul

Hi everyone,

  I realise I have been a bit of a slacker again recently but I've been pretty busy the past week or so with work and going back to the gym and other such things. I'm gonna try work blog posts into my schedule on days off from now on.

 This post was meant to go up last week and the week on my days off however, if you follow me on instgram or tumblr, you will already know that me and me boyfriend got a kitten nearly 3 weeks ago so a lot of my time was spent going shopping for things for him and playing with him.

 A few weeks ago as some of you may know, E.L.F cosmetics had a 50% off sale and me and my sister decided to take advantage as she hasn't tried their products before and there were a few items that I wanted to try out although I must admit they aren't needed.

 
 
 The products I decided to purchase were Studio Matte Colour in Rich Red (usually priced at £3.75, Brightening Eye Colour in Brownstone (usually £1.50), Studio Eyeshadow in Amethyst (usually £3.75) and Mineral Eye Brightener (usually £3.50).
 
 There were plenty of other products that I wanted to try but I decided not to because I don't really need anything. I chose the Brightening Eye Colour as I already have a couple of these and I really like them but they're a little bit paler than this one and neutral colours are the ones I tend to go for on a day to day basis.

 
 As you can see I have done a swatch of the colours to show you what they look like on, the top line was with a primer underneath and the bottom one was just applying straight to my skin. I realise its very hard to see the paler colours especially without the primer. Although the colours don't seem to be that pigmented when I've swatched them, the darker ones are and the lighter ones can be although sometimes it can be hard to get any colour pay off from them. I don't really mind though to be honest because they can make for a suitable look and for the usual price of £1.50 its ot too bad.
 

 
 Personally I think the image and the swatch of this product is pretty rubbish. I've been eyeing this up for ages as it looked so pretty on the website. The swatch did look quite brown when I put it on my arm as it does on this picture but I have used this and it is more purple when you use it on the eye. It's a really pretty colour and the pigmentations pretty good.
 

 
 
 I thought I'd give this eye brightener a go as recently I've felt like my eyes look really tired and puffy and obviously thats not an attractive look so I've been trying various things to make my eyes look better. I've only used it a couple of times and it does seem to make my eyes appear brighter but I have been using it with a few other under eye products so I'm not sure if its a combination of them all thats working. Once I've tried it out a bit more I'll let you all know my thoughts on it though.
 


 
 Last up we've got the Studio Matte Colour in Rich Red. I have been wanting this colour for a while but I have so many red lipsticks that I didn't feel like I needed a new one but then I decided a girl can never have too many red lipsticks. Upon looking on the website I did think this was a dark red but it is more of a pink toned red. Although its not the colour I thought it would be, I do still quite like it. I'm not gonna say too much about this as I've decided as I've bought a couple of matte lipsticks recently, I'm going to do an overal review on the matte lipsticks I have and which ones I think are the better ones.
 
 I hope you all enjoy this and I promise I'm gonna start getting posts up more regularly. I've got a lists of posts that I want to get up and pictures prepared for another couple of posts so I'm just going to try and set some time aside to get them up.
 
 Thanks for reading guys.
 
Love Lou
xx

2 comments:

  1. I have the matt l colour in rich red and I love it. Stays on most of the night!

    Following you

    Carrieanne x

    http://imjustalittlepixie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only worn it a couple of times tbh and thought it was gonna be darker but I really like it! xx

    ReplyDelete