Thursday 23 May 2013

Superdrug Dry Shampoo Review

Hello ladies,

I had planned to make a few post this week as my hours had been cut in work but then I got a phone call on Monday saying they'd messed up and I was meant to be on full hours. Along with this I've had to make a couple of trips to hospital as I'm clearly very clever and shut my finger in a door and broke it. So yeah its been one of those weeks.

Anyways, I've found some time to get up a quick review on Superdrugs own dry shampoo. A few weeks ago I purchased Chocolate Brownie and Away with the Fairies when they were on offer and I was hoping that this would be a cheaper alternative to Batiste dry shampoo.

When I first before these I decided to check out some reviews before I tried them and found that the majority of people weren't overly impressed with this product. Despite this I really wanted to like it and thats why I've taken a while to get this review up, I wanted to keep trying it so I could give it a fair review but unfortunately it just doesn't do it for me.

The only things that I really liked at all about this product where the packaging, they smell really nice and I quite like the fact they're clear and don't feel too heavy on the hair. If I'm honest it doesn't really bother me using dry shampoos that come out as a white powder as I've managed to brush it out of my hair well plus I feel like it's the thick consistancy that gives my hair volume. My hairs pretty fine and I usually go through quite a bit of dry shampoo because I use it on freshly washed hair to add the volume. This product although it didn't feel heavy on my hair which when first applied made it feel quite fresh, it didn't add any volume at all.

Due to this I stopped using this product on my hair when it was freshly washed and only between washes. When first applied it does feel like your hair has been refreshed which is ok for a couple of hours. After this period my hair just started to feel really dirty and I felt to look at it was greasy and could do with a good wash as well. This really disappointed me as when I use Batiste it makes my hair look clean for the whole day and doesn't feel dirty and greasy.

To be honest I don't really know what else to say about this product. I've used up the Chocolate Brownie one and I will finish Away with the Fairies before I buy a new can of Batiste but I doubt I will be repurchasing this unfortunately.

If any of you guys have tried it then please let me know what you think of it. It frustrates me that I couldn't get it to work for me.

Thanks for reading guys.

Love
  Lou xx

No comments:

Post a Comment