Wednesday 29 January 2014

Avon Haul and First Impressions

 With Christmas and everything I stayed away from Avon and other makeup websites and shops and stayed away from treating myself but now it's all out of the way I've decided to treat myself although I did get these products out of my Christmas money that I had left. But yes I have been quite naughty recently and I will have another Avon haul within the next couple of weeks as I went a bit mad .... oops.


 I didn't go too wild on this one but I think everything I did get is new to Avon, I'll go from left to right and the products are: Khol Eye Liner with smudger in True Black (I'm not actually sure this one is new to the range), Irresistibly Sexy Sultry Lip Pencil in Sensual Pink and Promiscuous Plum, Color Trend Kiss n Go Lipstick Valentines Shades in Loveable, Avon Naturals Chocolate Body Scrub, Naturals Rose & Chocolate Fragrance Spray and Avon Naturals Leave in Treatment  in Apricot & Shea.

First of all I'm going to mention the body scrub, I had one from the same range last year but is was strawberry scented and actually smelt like strawberry nesquik. Besides the smell I really liked the scrub as well because it was really fine and gritty so I felt properly exfoliated after using it and it lasted ages but unfortunately they discontinued it and didn't bring another scent until now! So of course I had to buy this and it unsurprisingly smells like chocolate nesquik, I actually can't wait to use this.

I'll only quickly mention the fragrance spray, I always seem to buy these because I have an obsession with my house smelling nice, I have so many candles everywhere and other smelly stuff, and this is a new scent so I thought I'd get it and I've only used it briefly when I was cleaning and it smelt quite nice. 

 I also seem to have an obsession with hair masks and treatments, after years of bleaching my hair it is still quite damaged although as not as much as it used to be so I'm always trying new things to get the condition back in it. I've used this a couple of times and it's made my hair so soft. You only need a tiny dab of this as otherwise your hair will feel really greasy. I've decided I'm going to use up the leave in treatment I've been using before moving onto this one but I will let you know whether my opinion of this changes.


 These two are new products and the packaging both on the tube and the box is so pretty. I thought the bottom of these might twist like the lip crayons but they don't you would need to sharpen. With these being a pencil I'm not sure if the idea is to use these as a liner as they are a bit thick although they can be used as a full lip colour and line your lips at the same time. You could also probably use these as a base for your main lipstick. I have used both of these and I do really like them, they gave a good shape to my lips as I could line them and colour them at the same time and the colour pay off was really good. I've only used them once each so once I've used them a bit more I may do a little review on these.


 I think I have most of the Kiss n Go lipsticks however, I couldn't resist this one from the Valentines range and I'm so glad I didn't because the colour is so pretty! When I got it I thought it looked a bit darker than it was in the Avon book however, when you've got it on it's not too dark and it's not too light its like a nice darkish bubblegum pink and is definately wearable in the day.


 The lip colours from top to bottom are Sensual Pink, Promiscuous Plum and Loveable. As you can see they have quite good colour pay off but they seemed a bit better on the lips. Next to is I have swatched the eyeliner and then did it again using the smudger. I've not used this product yet but I will try it out over the next few days. Upon first swatching the eyeliner its self seems quite dark so hopefully i will get some use out of this but I think I'll have to play around with the smudger and maybe use on some other colours to see if I like it.

 This was just a quick one but from what I remember my next Avon haul might be a little bit more lengthy although I can't actually remember what I've ordered haha. 

  If any of you have tried any of these products I would be interested in hearing your opinions of them and I'd also be interested in any products you may recommend for me.

 As always thank you for reading and I shall be back quite soon with more goodies.

Love
     Lou xx

No comments:

Post a Comment