Wednesday 29 January 2014

The Body Shop Haul

 Well I'm back again, today has been a rather productive day and you lucky lot are getting yet another haul! As you can probably tell I've gone a little bit crazy on new products.

 I always buy my mum Christmas presents from The Body Shop and this Christmas was no exception. Quite often The Body Shop run offers and when you make a purchase at the bottom of your receipt you get a money off voucher. On this occasion I was given a voucher for £10 off when you spend£25 which was valid until the end of this month so obviously had to take advantage and here is what I got:


 I apologise for the pictures I can't seem to get good ones today, here I've got the Banana Shampoo and Conditioner which I have been dying to try for ages. They retail at £4.50 and smell absolutely amazing! I've also just realised when looking at my receipt that the lady put through 2 of the shampoos so I was over charged. I also bought the Ginger Sparkle Shower Gel and Body Butter which were reduced in the sale to £3 and £5 retrospectively, the Vanilla Bliss Hand Lotion which was in the sale for £4 and I also got the Born Lippy lip balms in Strawberry and Plum which were £3 each. 

Before purchasing these items I hadn't tried any of these products and I'm quite happy with my purchases. I tried the Banana Shampoo and Conditioner on Sunday and they smell amazing and have made my hair really soft. I have also used the lips balms a couple of times and the hand lotion and so far I'm pretty happy with everything, the lip balms smell amazing and stayed on my lips for ages and made them feel really soft. Last Christmas I got the vanilla set and the hand lotion smells just like the shower gel, it smells like you could eat it. I've not opened the ginger stuff yet but I can't wait to because I know these smell amazing.

 As I said I had a £10 off voucher so this lot didn't come to as much as it should have done (ignoring the extra shampoo that was put on). I also have a The Body Shop card which gives you 10% off so I got this on top of that and I was also on my 8th stamp which gives you a free gift of your choice worth £10 (although I was told it was £5 so didn't choose something for £10 but as it was more than £5 offered to pay the difference - the £10 has come off the total though) and my card has actually ran out so I requested a new one and got another free gift worth £10 which I couldn't choose. These are the free items I got:


 Again bad picture I know! The free gift I got for getting a new card is Warming Mineral Mask which heats up when you put it on your face. I've only used this once and it made my skin so soft so I can see me enjoying this. The free gift I chose was from the Valentine's range and is a heart shaped tin with 3 lip balms in which are Strawberry, Raspberry and Passionberry. This tin retails for £7 and is really adorable, unfortunately I might have to wait to use them as I can't quite get my finger in with my acrylic nails on haha. When I was paying I made a comment about how I love the little tins they've been coming out with recently and the lady that served me gave me the snowman tin which had the Shea products in over Christmas for free. It doesn't have any products in which is why I got it for free but she told me that all the stuffs being taken out and put back on the shelves ready for when the sales finished so I could have a tin.

 I am really happy with my purchases and can't wait to give all these products a proper go. On my receipt I have another £10 off voucher to use in February and I've decided I will take advantage of it and will probably do this on the website. However, I really don't need anymore shower gels or body butters at the moment so I'm thinking of purchasing some of the skin care range The Body Shop have available. If any of you have tried any of the skincare, I would really appreciate it if you could send some recommendations my way of what I should try.

 Thanks for reading again and I'm sorry it was only another quick one but I haven't tried these products enough to comment too much on them at the moment.

Love 
    Lou xx

No comments:

Post a Comment